WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, January 14, 2019

Organizing my Recipes!

GOOD MORNING!!!


I have an organizing post for you today.  In addition to crafting, I love to cook and to try new recipes. I have been collecting recipes since I was a kid.  I used to go through my mom's magazines, and in the food product ads they would tell you that you could send a "self addressed stamped envelope" to the company and they would send you recipes!  I did that constantly! (Remember, this was 
WAY WAY WAY BEFORE the internet!)  I collected all kinds of stuff.  I was also pretty fortunate that my dad worked at the post office so he could mail them off for me and get the stamps I needed!

The above picture is one half of our office space in our house, and this side is dedicated to my recipe collection.  I have graduated from snail mail to collecting books, internet printouts, and for a while I did a lot of swaps.  

This is what is inside those cupboards and file drawers...


I have a huge collection of recipes.  And, I really do try to do new recipes all of the time.  One year I kept a tally, and I tried over 300 new things that year!  

Everything from casseroles to seasoning mixes.  Our diet changes along with our health situation, and eating healthier is a priority right now.  So, once again, I am collecting a lot of new recipes and I need a system so that I can find them again.  This was one of my 2019 goals.  I did it!

I am combining my love of planning with my love of collecting recipes. 


I keep a Bullet Journal (Bujo) for a variety of lists in my craft room.  I decided that the bujo technique may just be the answer to how to find my recipes that I have tried and loved.  

It's simple, I divided the page into the recipe name and where it is located.  I just went through all of my stuff and wrote everything down.  I left several pages blank in each category so that I could add more recipes as I try them.  It was a long process, but it is well worth it.  Now I know where that darn recipe is located and it makes meal planning so much easier.  


Speaking of meal planning... I made a book with my Happy Planner meal planning sheets and this is what I use to figure out the grocery lists, and the weeks meals.  I do a little meal prepping on my days off so that my work days are easier to deal with.  I list it all out and if I need to find recipes then I can go to the index, pull the recipe and be totally ready to go.  I have some sticky notes with my meal planner, and I usually use stickers to make it look pretty, but I didn't this week for some silly reason.  

That's what I have for you today, a little organizing tip that is also fun to do..especially fun when it is done and you reap the rewards of your hard work!

Thanks for stopping by.

Don't forget to love, laugh and craft!

đŸ’–Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Love that you have returned to blogland, Michelle, and although I may not always comment, I do enjoy seeing what crafting things you've been playing with. I like the idea of planners but haven't quite got into them yet - maybe this will be the year!

    ReplyDelete