WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, April 4, 2022

Variable Sized Page Journal Tutorial, a Country Craft Creations Design Team Project

 Welcome to my Country Craft Creations design team project using the exclusive paper collection, "Dream of Home". This is a beautiful paper with vibes of country and vintage themes and you will love it.


I came up with a traveler's notebook style journal...I hesitate to call it a junk journal, but I guess in theory it is...the paper is just too pretty to call it junk. The idea came to me from using up scraps of 8x8 paper in a very old collection I recently found in my craft room. I will share that prototype and show you how it morphed into the project I am sharing today. I will also show you how sew the signatures and how to create the binding. As an added bonus I also made some ephemera to put in the journal and I share how I did that. In my design team package I received both the 12 x 12 and the 8 x 8 paper packs, and I did use both in this project. You will need one sheet of heavy weight chipboard, about 6 sheets of the 12 x 12 (which includes two of the cutapart sheets), and 17 sheets of the 8 x 8 paper. I used several embellishments, and the ones that are from Country Craft Creations I have listed below with links. You will also need journaling paper of some sort. I used a variety of paper in this project, but plain old copy paper will also work great. I used waxed bookbinding thread also for sewing the signatures. Thank you so much for watching. I do appreciate your support. Lay Flat Cover Tutorial, in case you haven't seen this. Dream of Home paper collection Chipboard Prima Rusty Metal Clips 49 and Market Flowers Graphic 45 Flowers Prima Say It In Crystals Lace Seam Binding, I used Dark Olive Drab From my stash I used some lace , a miniature photo frame and homemade paperclips.

Thanks for watching and stay crafty, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment