WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Homer's Diner Record Album Tutorial, a Country Craft Creations Design Team Project

OMGEEEEE!!! I'm late! I totally forgot to post the link to this tutorial! I can't believe I did that!


This is a fun album that you are going to love...and it includes A REAL 45 ALBUM!

I am using the fantastic collection available only at Country Craft Creations called Homer's Diner...It is AMAZING! This 1950's themed paper is going to make you so happy when you use it!

My inspiration was a memory I had of books made to hold 45's, and then the players to play them. I was fortunate to find one in a local antique mall, and used the album as the cover of this book. If you can't find a 45, I will share with you a couple of methods to make one out of cardstock. Below is the cut list for this project. I hope you like it. If you have questions please let me know. Thanks so much for watching and I'll see you soon with more fun tutorials. CUT LIST Cover Chipboard: heavy weight 2 - 8 x 8 1 - 2 1/2 x 8 Cardstock: 2 - 10 x 10 1 - 5 1/2 x 10 1 - 5 1/5 x 7 7/8 I use the lay flat method in this tutorial: https://youtu.be/VDrBoasyqtc Pink cardstock: 2 - 7 3/4 x 7 3/4 1 - 2 1/4 x 7 3/4 Pages: These are stacked, almost like my waterfalls that I make in this tutorial, but are constructed in sets, an outer set and an inner set. I explain this in the video Outer set: 2 - 9 1/4 x 7 1/2 Inner set: 2 - 8 1/4 x 7 1/2 Pockets: 4 - 8 1/2 x 8 The cover decoration is a real 45 record. Its diameter is ~6 3/4" The inner circles are: Cardstock 3 3/4 diameter, patterned paper 3 1/2 in diameter The needle arm is a piece of chipboard cut at 3/4" wide and approximately 5" long, and I'll explain how to make the angle in the tutorial Inside front cover, vertical to horizontal waterfall...a version of this is also used in this tutorial I did in the past...https://youtu.be/cW5SUt9h-GE Cardstock bases: 4 - 4 1/2 x 7 Coordinating cardstock and patterned paper to mat: cut 4 each- 4 1/4 x 6 3/4 I will show how to score the corners in the tutorial Inside Back Cover: Pocket: 1 - 9 (-1/16") x 4 1/2 Scrap of cardstock for behind pocket, is used to cover the chipboard, and is explained in the tutorial Album inserts: I used my Silhouette to cut the circles needed for this A Side: Black Cardstock: 4 - 7 1/4" diameter Coordinating Cardstock: 4 - 3 1/2 diameter patterned paper: 3 1/4 diameter B Side: White Cardstock: 4 - 7" diameter Patterned paper half circles have a 3 1/2" radius Border Strip Pockets: These use the 1" border strips in the paper collection. Cardstock: 4 - 5 x 1 1/8, cut ends at a 45 degree angle as shown in the video Patterned paper: using the border strips you will need 4 - 4 5/8 x 1, again cutting the 45 degree angles as shown in the video. Supplies: Homer's Diner, 12 x 12 paper pack Artisan Cardstock in Black and White: Coordinating Cardstock that will match this collection are in My Colors...choose Mauve, Crisp Green, Mint Julep, and Carribbean Sea Chipboard Black Polka Dot Ribbon Coral Seam Binding Doodlebug Brads Heartfelt Creations Small Wild Rose Flower Dies
Heartfelt Creations 3D Shaping Mold Prills Shaker elements The eyelets and chain for my record dangle embellishment are from my stash. I have tried to ensure that this was as accurate and complete as possible. If you have questions you can always ask, I'm happy to help. Thanks so much for your support. Stay Crafty, My Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment