WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Midnight Manor Disk Bound October Daily Junk Journal Tutorial, a Country Craft Creations Design Team Project


 Hi all, and welcome back! Today I have a fun project for my fellow Halloween Junkies. I wanted to make a sort of October Daily/Junk Journal and I'm using the magnificent collection by Country Craft Creations called "Midnight Manor". This collection is so beautiful, and made a great project. The best part is that this is so adaptable that you can make this project for any type of journal or notebook. Country Craft Creations has many different collections that would also work. So if you aren't a Halloween Junkie, and would like to make one for Fall, or Christmas, or whatever...check it out Country Craft Creations.

I used the "Lay Flat Method" for making the cover of the book. If you haven't seen this method, check out this tutorial I did here. I use 5 Happy Planner Disks, in black, that are approximately 1 1/4" in diameter. Any disk for this type of notebook will work. I also used the We R Memory Keepers Disk Punch. Below is a cut guide for the cardstock and chipboard needed for the project. I cut the patterned paper for inside the journal/on the pockets at 1/8" smaller. For specialty cuts, I include directions in the video. Thanks so much for watching, and I'll see you soon with another tutorial. COVER Chipboard 2 - 7 x 9 1 - 2 x 9 Cardstock 2 - 9 x 11 1 - 5 x 11 1 - 6 x 8 7/8 MATTING FOR THE COVERS The covers are 7 x 9. I triple matted the patterned paper for the front and back covers, but only single matted for the spine. Silver Mirror 2 - 6 3/4 x 8 3/4 1 - 1 3/4 x 8 3/4 Antique Winter Gray, 2 - 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 Burgundy, 2 - 6 1/4 x 8 1/4 (Note, this paper is available but won't be for long, so if you need it you should order.) Patterned Paper 2 - 6 x 8 1 - 1 1/2 x 8 1/2 INSIDE COVER POCKETS (Note: these are the same size but are scored and trimmed differently) 2 - 7 7/8 x 12 BINDING MECHANISM FOR DISKS 1 - 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 1 - 1 x 8 1/2 POCKETS #1 1 - 11 x 12 #2 1 - 8 1/2 x 12 #3 1 - 10 x 12 That's it! The remaining inserts for this junk journal are up to your individual style! I did size this project to hold 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 papers, so one sheet of copy paper will make two pages for your journal.

The patterned papers, artisan cardstock, seambinding are all available at Country Craft Creations... Please check them out! Have fun, and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for watching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment