WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Victorian Sewing Box Tutorial is Live!!

 

Hi, and welcome back to A Creative Operation! Today I have the tutorial I did as a design team project for Country Craft Creations or my Victorian Sewing Box. I did a walk through of this project in a video you can see here. This project can be adapted to create an "album" or use as a gift box, the design is very versatile! Below is a cut list and a list of the supplies used. I do share how to make the hexagon patterns you will need to make this project using a compass! This project brought out the "math nerd" in me! If you use a cutting machine you can cut them out with that. If you are a member of Scrapbookers of Country Craft Creations Facebook page, then you will have access to files for the Cricut and Silhouette to cut these shapes. Any of these methods will work to make the shapes. For the hexagons you will need to make patterns for shapes with the following side sizes: 3 3/4, for the box top 3 5/8, for the patterned paper for the box top, and/or the mat for the box top 3 1/2, for the box bottom (you will cut two of these) and one in the patterned paper for the box top 3 3/8, for the patterned paper for the box bottom For the box sides, 6 - 3 1/2 x 6 in the main color and 12 at 3 3/8 x 4 7/8 for the mats in the contrasting color. Pockets, 6 - 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 in the main color Inner box, 1 - 10 x 10 Lid Sides, 6 - 4 1/2 x 2 You will make one large hexagon in the main color, and two of the I used a variety of products from Country Craft Creations, including the paper collection "A Mother's Love" available here. I did use the 12 x 12 paper collection for both the walk through project and the tutorial project. I used Artisan cardstock for both projects. The first used Brown and Kraft, this tutorial project used Denim and Baby Blue. I also used the following: Seam binding lace

Pom pom trim Flowers You will also need Art Glitter Glue, Scor Tape, and Foam Tape. The items that I put in the boxes mostly came from Hobby Lobby (the sewing kit and the embroidery supplies). I used buttons and some flowers from my stash. If you have any questions please let me know, I'm always happy to help. I want all of my tutorials to be easy to understand and follow. Thanks for watching and have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment