WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pockets and Flaps Album

I was just playing with a fold and came up with something cool, and thought I would share it with you.  I have the base pages done, and did the tags for all of the pockets.  I still need to embellish it.  I used papers from Scenic Route and Teresa Collins.  The punches I used were from Martha Stewart.  I used a circle punch to make the finger pull areas on the pockets.

The book measures 6"x6", and holds a minimum of 13 tags with a bunch of space for more pictures and journaling.
I made 4 pages for my book.  The last page is made different than the others.  So, for three pages, I scored my 12x12"paper as shown above.  Don't use directional papers!!!  This is folded, so if you do you will have an upside down backside of your pocket page!
After scoring, cut off the sections as shown above.  Then, fold all score lines.
Fold in the upper "tabs" created by the cutting.  Add glue to the tabs and to the upper center score line. Use liquid glue.  Please, use liquid glue.  It will hold everything securely and it will dry, so that when you put your tags in the pockets they won't get stuck (like they would if you used adhesive like score-tape).
Fold down.  This adheres the upper part to the lower part, and creates two pockets.
You will end up with something that looks like this.  The 2" piece on the left is how you attach the pages to the front cover and to the page in front.  It will make sense when you see the pages all complete.  Make as many of these as you want for your book, but remember that you have to make one more (the last page) differently.  So, if you want four pages in your book, make only three of these.
This is the scoring diagram for the last page of your book, it has two 2" flaps that will attach to the page in front of it, and to the back cover of the book.  Make one of these.
To cut the last page, cut the 2" slit on the left, leaving the 2" "tabs" in place.  The cut the right side as you did for the first pages.
Apply glue just inside the score line on the 2" mark, and on the other score mark, and on the tab.
Fold to adhere, and this is what you will have.  The front 2" piece attaches to the previous page, and the back 2" piece attaches to the back cover.  When I attached them, I only did three sides, creating another pocket for tags.
I covered  6x6" pieces of chipboard for the front and back covers.  I used cardstock and patterned papers for the tags, punching the corners with different corner punches.  I also did some punching of strips to put on the edge of the pockets.  The 2" piece is attached to the cover, and the right 3 1/2" is folded out to show the entire "page" layout.  I really need to embellish this, don't I?
The next page.  The tags on the left are 3 1/2" x 4 1/2", the centers are 5x6" and the right tags are 3x6".
 And the next page..
And the next.  This is the last page...the 2" piece attached to the previous page...
...and the 2" piece attached to the back cover of the book.

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.  Have a great and crafty day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have recently found your blog and have really enjoyed looking at all your gorgeous projects! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see what else you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! thanks for the tutorial. I think I have to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thanks for the many great tutorials on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for the great tutorials on your blog!

    ReplyDelete