WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

An Explosion Album for the 4th of July!

 I made an album out of this line of papers by K and Co., and had some papers left over and started to play with an idea.   I love explosion box albums, but wanted to make one that was flat.  This is what I came up with.  The closure is an attached belly band that ties the album closed.
 When closed, it measures  9x9", open fully it measures 18x18".  This is a perfect coffee table sized book!  This album is more "Patriotic" in color, as I didn't use the yellow papers in it.
 This shows the first layer opened fully.  The outer corners are actually pockets with pull out pieces in them for more picture or journaling space.
 The middle panels open to reveal another large mat with to more pockets and tags on the sides.
 Then, the middle part flips open to reveal two more large mats!
 This is the pull out from the corner pockets.
The tags on the inside panels.

What do you think?  I made another one in a birthday theme with some different features.  I will post that later.  If you are interested, I will post a tutorial!

Stay crafty, my friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW girl! You are soooo in the creative mode. You defiantly need to do a tutorial on this one. Love it!
    :) Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make one of these for my mother in law. Please post tutorial.

    ReplyDelete