WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Pocket Letters

My craft group, "The Sassy 6", has done our own Pocket letter swap, and here are the pocket letters I made for my friends.   I just discovered this craze, and had seen it all over, but didn't really understand what it was.

Janette Lane is the one who started this, and here is a link to find out what it is all about.

Here are my versions and what I sent to my friends.  Please enjoy!

 They are all the same in that the goodies are the same, but I tried to mix up the papers and colors to fit each individual lady.
 I used the label maker to label the pockets and put it on the outside of the pockets.  The inside is lined with pretty papers and filled with goodies they can use in projects, or just keep in a binder.
 For the back of the pages, I printed out these awesome pages from Silhouette.  I wanted the backs to be pretty too!
I filled the pockets with fun stuff I love from my stash.  It was fun to go through my stash and find things to share with my friends.
I love how these turned out!  You can do anything with these pockets to suit the "pocket letter pen pal" you send to.  They have themed swaps, and there are Facebook communities dedicated to this.  What a fun and creative way to meet people.
 The backs of the above pages.
  This one was the first one I made, my page for myself.  I wanted to practice before I made one for others.  I am going to get a binder and decorate it, and put my pages received in them.  I can't wait to see what they make…I hope they like mine!
Stay crafty and connected, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful!! What attention to detail, I love how each pocket has a "name" to it referring to what's inside. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only came across 'pocket letters' in the last week or so. What a great idea and I love how you have co-ordinated each to go with a particular recipient. I like how you have decorated the back too - very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to post again to this post but I have a question and I couldn't figure out how to contact you via email... the contact button on the profile page just returned me to the main blog.... I just found your blog yesterday so I was reading older posts... My question is.... you have a ton of great storage ideas on your blog and I was wondering if you have any suggestions on storing images cut out for collages? Right now I have stuff stored in file folders in a file cabinet but it's very difficult getting to them. I'm also going to be spending an extended time in a rented house this year and would like to have something portable that I can take with me.
    Thanks, Emie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emie58…I'm so sorry you had trouble with the contact button. I will look into it. Thanks for coming to the blog! I do have a suggestion about storing cutouts for collages. How about getting page protectors like for the pocket albums (Project Life, etc)? They come in all kinds of sizes, and if you put the pages in a binder you can totally keep them handy and portable. I have done that in the past with stickers and it worked great. I hope that helps, please let me know if it did. Have an excellent day!

    ReplyDelete