WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, April 23, 2016

The finale of the potholder project

I have finished, at least for now, my own set of "vintage" potholders for my kitchen.  I had so much fun making these!  What I did do was update them a bit so I can actually use them.  If you make them as the patterns state, the only thing you can use those for is looking at, or as a kind of hot pad for your counter…they WON'T protect you from cast iron skillets that have been in the oven!  I added a layer of thermal batting for potholders between the layers so that I won't get burned when I use them.  These aren't just for pretty!

The patterns (from top to bottom, left to right) can be found at these links.

Vintage Crocheted Dress

Raised Rose Potholder

Round Rose Potholder

Petticoat Fever Potholder

Queen Anne's Lace Vintage Potholder

Country Rose Decorative Potholder

Stay crafty, my friends!

2 comments: