WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Tiny Mini Albums and the April Counterfeit Kit

OK, you have to go to this place and visit Elsa.  She came up with the cutest little mini albums, and she did UStream classes on them!  Here are my versions of her mini's. They are approximately 4x4".
Here is the cover.  She calls this a Never Ending mini.  She uses patterned papers and creates pockets with the folding.  The pictures don't even show all of the extra pockets and pages it has!
 It looks like an accordion, but it isn't!  There are spaces for a ton of pictures and tags.
Here is the other side, and again, the pictures don't do it justice!  There are secret pockets!  The papers I used are K and Company.  I also used some ephemera that I can't remember where it came from.  I bought the Nestabilities shape just for this project, too! Once you watch one of her videos, you will understand...she loves this shape for her tags!
This is her paper bag mini album, and it is mini!  The bags are the littlest ones you can find at Michaels! I used  October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker papers for this one.  I LOVE THIS PAPER LINE!
 It uses four bags and makes a ton of pockets for tags.  I love the chunkiness of it!
 These are a couple shots of my pages all decorated.
 I actually had one of these clocks when I was a kid!!!  The tail wagged and the eyes moves and honestly, it kinda freaked me out!

Now...Counterfeit Kit Challenge has their April Kit up, and here is my version.  The original kit that they are counterfeiting comes from Front Porch Kits.  It is actually their March Kit, but we are using it for April.

 The picture above is their kit papers.  The one below is my interpretation of the kit.
 I used papers from American Craft, Dream Street Papers, Making Memories, Doodlebug, DCWV, Creative Imaginations, Fancy Pants, Me and My Big Ideas, and Paper Loft.  The cardstock is from Bazzill and Paper Company.
Here are my embellishments.  I have no idea where the ribbons came from, they were a birthday gift from one of my "swap sisters" at Split Coast Stampers.  I am a knitter and a crocheter so I had yarn that I thought would match.  The leaves are from Recollections.  The buttons are Making Memories. I have no idea where the bottle caps came from, as I have had them forever.

I love the colors of this kit, bright and "Springy!"

Stay crafty my friends!!!

19 comments:

  1. Love your mini's!! On the bag mini... what did you use for a cover? Do you have the measurements for the bags? I think this would make the cutest girlfriend gift!! Thanks for finding it and making them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful mini... totally love how roomy the spline is.
    Great kit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! Omg! I just totally love your sense of color coordination. Love how you embellished those minis! Wow! LOVE them! lol I think nestabilities need to give me some credit for that one die, load of my followers have bought it! lol I keep telling my self, STOP using it, use something else, but its like the perfect tag! Thanks so much for your support. Appreciate the shout out!
    hugs and love
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun mini-album. I can't wait to see what you do with the kit you have counterfeited - great choices there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely counterfeit kit but I must admit I was completely distracted by thoughts of those chunky minis. How amazing. Definitely going to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great kit - such pretty papers and embellishments! I've got ancient bottle caps in my stash as well, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your minis! WOW! I may have to scraplift this to make one for a friend! SO CUTE!

    your kit is fab too! I can't wait to see what you do with the black butterfly paper! Thanks for playing at Counterfeit Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! Do you guys have a Youtube Channel?
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful....love that mini album. GORGEOUS.

    Enjoyed your kit too. Can't wait to see what you do with it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great kit. I really like the butterfly paper and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great kit and gorgeous minis!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kit is gorgeous thanks for sharing the mini books x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful kit and absolutely AMAZING mini books, Michelle! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mini's are soooooo awesome!!! I love the chunky one! Love your choices for the kit. Yummy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely mini and your kit looks yummy!! Love those SC wooden butterflies!! I haven't seen any out my way and can't wait to get my hands on some! Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful minis! Love your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That mini book is stunning.

    I love your kit too, the embellishments are wonderful.

    Happy Scrapping this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great kit! I adore that mini paper bag project you have here - so wonderful! It looks totally adorable. I don't make minis enough and just a glance at your blog here has given me more ideas than my brain can cope with!

    ReplyDelete