WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Airing of the Quilts Mini Album

I have to confess.  This project has been in my stash of unfinished things for a VERY LONG TIME.  When we moved I found it.  Then I decided it was the perfect mini to showcase pictures from a quilt show my mom and I went to in March.  It is a cute little mini I learned how to do from Kathy Orta of Paper Phenomenon.  She has a video tutorial on YouTube you can find here to see how to make one for yourself…It's a great little project, and goes great in a big album as a pull out or as an album on it's own.  The video is from 2011.  Yes, that's how long this has been in my pile to finish.  I had the bones made, and the papers applied.  I just needed finishing touches.

 I used the Sassafrass Lass line, "Mix and Mend" for the mini.  I love the sewing theme with all of the fun stitches and lace and layers.
 There are pockets on the inside front and back covers for tags.  I used the journaling stickers for these tags, and added a little lace on a couple of them.  Most pages I left unadorned because the papers are so darn cool!
 Several pages are pocket pages that have full sized tags for pictures.
 I added the  insert to this insert on the right side.
 I took a paper, cut it to size then scored it at 4", and 8". I folded it up, and slipped one of the 4" pieces into the pocket so it folds out and comes out.
 I had more paper to use up.  I had to do it.
 I love this paper!  I wish I had more of it.
 I think the inset turned out cool.
 More lovely papers, and so colorful!
 The back pages.
The back cover.  I added ribbon to it to close it, then layered a sticker over it.  Lovely.  Go check out the video tutorial.  It is a super fun little project with a clever way to add the pages inside of it.  You will love it.

Stay crafty, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment