WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Attempt at a Cantilever Sewing Box

I have been wanting to make one of these for years.  I am finally going to try.  I have been saving boxes for a while, and I think they will be perfect for this project.  Below you see my sketch (not very detailed) and my paper attempt at figuring it out. 
 I've used these boxes in a variety of projects, now I'm going to use a bunch more!
 Here you see the two stacks of three boxes.  I put the whole thing together and put knobs on it to see if the whole contraption will actually work.
 It does!
 Fully opened, this is what it will look like.  I left the lid on the top box, now to figure out how I am going to close it.
 These pieces were the "guts" of the inside of the boxes, that held the device all nice and safe inside.  I think they will make perfect handles.  So...
 I covered them with craft paper...
...and this is what these turned out to be like.  OK...Now I have to figure out how to do a base and put it all together.
 I bought a thick piece of foam core board, and then I covered one side with kraft paper.  I will attach the boxes and handle to this.  This will put a nice base under the boxes and give stability without a lot of weight.
OK, that is part one...now to finish it and see how it works!

Stay crafty, my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment