WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Mariposa Album

I have been working on this album for months!  I started it before the CK Convention last November, I worked on it at the convention, and showed Jackie how it comes together, and I finally sort of finished it yesterday!


The tutorial can be found here, on You Tube, by RoseS915!  This is a cool way to use those huge business document envelopes to make a super cool mini album.


I used the Mariposa line of papers by DCWV.  I think it turned out really pretty.  I did a simple binding with book rings and used ribbons on them.  For the cover, I just glimmer sprayed some flowers, layered a Recollections flower and leaves, and added a butterfly die cut left over from my Butterfly Garden Mini Album, that I stickled.


I used 6 envelopes in all, each with at least three pockets, some have up to 5.  Each pocket has a tag.


The little pages have tags made from the paper line, the larger tags are plain cardstock.


Some of the pocket flaps open into the book, some open to the outer part of the book.


I left the pages kind of plain as far as embellishments go, because the papers are sooooo pretty, and I want to make sure I have enough room for adding pictures.


 I love the colors!


I had a great time with this mini.  After I made the envelope pages, I inked edges, and inked all of the covering papers.


I need to add some ribbons to the tags, then I think it will be complete.  I didn't want to punch finger holes because I don't want to cut out the paper on the pages.


Thanks for checking this out, and please go check out the tutorial.  You will want to make one too....

Stay Crafty!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have Mariposa and never know what to do with it. It's rather fancy for me, so I pull it out and put it back but now I think I might be inspired to try using it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful album!!! And I love that Mariposa!!!

    ReplyDelete