WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Use My Stash Challenge

I got involved in this at Mini Album Scraps and came up with a cool new idea for a mini album using an old kit from My Mind's Eye called "The Spider's Web".  I took a bazillion pictures, but it did turn out soooo cool, well, at least I think so.

I was inspired by a You Tube video I saw by Marla on LakeAvenue Design's.  She has a great tutorial on a "Brag Book".  I took the concept of it, then adapted the idea of a "Never Ending Mini Album" that I have done in the past, and you can see a tutorial of it here.

 OK, the papers are just cool!  I love the colors, more brown than orange, which makes me think it is more spooky!  The bling is prima, the flowers are Recollections.  I used an EK success punch for the gold flower center, and the flower centers are from Creative Imaginations.
 I used some of the gems from Creative imaginations on the spine as well.
 Just a simple ribbon closure for the book.
 Open, and showing the two sides of the album.  Each side is its own set of pages.  I made a closure with flowers, punch shapes and velcro.  The pages are brochure envelopes.  I kept them closed on the sides (in the above tutorial link I opened the sides so that the tags could be inserted in the top).  I left the flaps of the envelopes open, giving me pockets coming out of the sides, and the flaps gave me space to add more cardstock pages and pockets!
 The closure opened, showing the first page.  A MS punch created the spiders and I added gems to the bodies.
 There are a ton of pockets and tags in this book.  I used up all of this kit!  The solid page is a piece of cardstock from a DCWV mat stack that I added to the flap of the envelope to give me another page.  This is the first page opened...
...then it opens again!  The pumpkin paper is attached to the flap of the envelope, giving another pocket for tags.  The ribbons are attached to the tags that are in the envelope pockets themselves.
 Next page opened...
 ...and again...same thing, using the flaps of the envelopes.
 I punched a round piece, attached it to the middle, to create a space for more tags.
 The next side of the book.
 First opening...
 ...then open again.  A MS punch helped create the fence pocket.
 Next section...
 ...then opened again.
 The last section.
I took this shot to show you the one side of the book from the top, all of the pages opened a little so you can get the idea of how it worked.  The other side is the same!

15 pages in each side.  32 tags in all.

Stay Scary, My Friends!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love how it looks!

Sharon said...

What a great album with sooooo many pages! Hey thanks for the nice comment on my blog. One of these days I'll get my book on bookbinding out and do some of the fancier stuff. The steampunk album was just three sets of three envelopes sewn together and attached to the cardstock. It was fun putting it together!

Martie Rollin said...

I saw this album on Pinterest and just had to take a closer look. WOW! Fabulous mini album! Though several years old, this project remains as one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing all your photos.