WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Recipe Book for my BFF!

I made this mini recipe book for Jackie as part of her Christmas Present.  It went along with a set of decorative (but functional) measuring spoons that she can hang on her wall...they say "Queen of the Kitchen".  She is the Queen, she loves to cook, and makes some incredible stuff!
 This book is a combination of two different tutorials I watched.  The pages were by Lisa on Mini Album Scraps, and you can find her video here.  She called it the "Coin Envelope Mini Album Page", and the cool thing is that each page is  made from one piece of 8 1/2" x 11" paper, and it forms the pockets and everything!  The binding is from Laura from Following the Paper Trail, and you can see her binding method here.  She called it the "Stack the Deck Binding" and it is a pretty nifty way to bind a book.
 So, I made six pages in all, each page has two pockets and two flaps.  This shows the pocket, where I put two index cards for her recipes.
 Turn the page, and you get the first flap.
 Open it to reveal a pocket.  I put a 3"x 8" index card, folded, for a recipe here.
 Then it opens again!
I didn't decorate a lot, because I didn't know if she wanted to add recipes or pictures or both to the pages.  She loved it!

This is what she gave me, and there is an excellent story behind it...
A long long time ago, I saw this WonderFILE and told her I needed it to organize some of my stuff!  She laughed, I laughed and we went on from there.  A couple of weeks ago, we were discussing some of the things we used to get every Christmas in our stockings.  I always got Loves Baby Soft perfume, Lip Smackers lip balm, and my Dad always got a box of chocolate covered cherries.  SHE REMEMBERED!!!!  She actually found these things (I didn't know that they still made Loves Baby Soft) and got them for me!  THIS ROCKS!!! I have to think about the perfect thing to use the WonderFILE for!  (I already used the lip smackers and I ate some cherries already!)  The perfume is so soft and sweet smelling! It totally reminded me of Junior High and High School.  That was the stuff to wear! I Love it!  Thank you, Jackie!!!

4 comments:

  1. She's going to love the recipe book!!! Great job!

    I have one of those files but I haven't used it yet! Hope you show how you fill yours -- give me some ideas! I've soooo much stuff I don't know what to be in it and not run out of room!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! when I was growing up in Junior High and High School, I used to get the Love's Baby Soft products in my stocking too!!! This post brings back a lot of memories. Now I know it is still on the market, I am going to have to find me some, LOL.

    Jennifer
    http://paperthisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your book!! so when I made it and glued the hinges on the outside you slide them inside right? Its fun to see my idea evolved through creativity and sharing!! have fun and as always beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrappin Mommy, you are right about the hinges. That is such a cool way to bind a book. Please stop by Laura's site and check out her tutorial!

    ReplyDelete