WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Just some updates...

Hey everybody!  I just wanted to let you all know a couple of things, then show you a little bit of my organizer that I shared with you in this post on December 29th, 2012.

JUST A FEW FRIENDS NEWS:

First, we have a new cub in the group!  Carrie, welcome to our crafty den!!!  I know you all are going to love what she brings to the world of glitter and glue!!!

Second, we are having our Valentine's Day blog hop THIS SATURDAY!!!  Please come by and check it out!!  It's going to be fun!

Tutorials coming!

I plan on starting the tutorials for my Tall Skinny Mini, on February 16th.  My plan is to have a tutorial here and on YouTube.  Hopefully the video recordings will cooperate with me.  The last one I did had me exasperated!  But, I will try!

So, now to my planner update.  I am a paper geek and I love planners and lists and writing things.  I also want to be creative.  I made my planner because other planners just don't serve my needs.  I have a link to my planner in the first paragraph above, go check it out if you haven't already.  My planner is a work in progress.  I am constantly tweaking it, so it suits my needs.  I don't have a lot to keep under control, but what I have, I want to be ORGANIZED and FUN!

I have been surfing a lot of internet looking for ideas and such to incorporate into my planner.  This idea came something I saw on Pinterest.  It's shown in this post, here.
I found this paper at the local Office Max, and then I dug out my tissue tapes, and went to work.  I covered the holes that were prepunched in the paper with the tape on both sides of the paper.  Then I repunched with my ARC paper punch.  Taa Daa, pretty papers to work in my planner.
 

 I made a plastic sheet to store all of the sticky notes that I want to put in my book.  The 4x6" notes you see here I made myself.  They were totally easy to do!!!
Here is the plastic page turned, more notes on this side.
 Here are some of my notes from the "research" I did on the internet about organizing and planning.
Here are some of the notes I did on my "project pages" while I was trying to figure out the January Blog Hop Project.  
 Here is February's Blog Hop brainstorming notes...no peeking!
 These project pages I made to have a foldout piece for more notes...
 I was at Big Lots the other day and they had Guest Check books for CHEAPPPPPP!!!  The checks are on heavier papers, so I got them, and punched them.  I think they will make a cool addition for extra notes as I need them.  I have other notes in this pocket as well!  The "Hit-List to Get #hit Done" to do list came from here.  The "Currently" journal cards came from Creativity Prompt, here.  I also made tabbed pages from security envelopes and graph paper.
Here is the start of my planner.  Not too exciting.
Getting better, a little bit at a time...
More creative, becoming more fun.  I am adding pictures and words cut from magazines and junk mail. I added stickers and sticky notes.  (NOOOOOO, I AM NOT GIVING ANYONE THE BIRD!!!  OH MY GOSH!!!  I just noticed this...sorry!!!  I was just trying to hold the papers so you can see!!!!!
This is this weeks layout.  I had to add the smaller yellow card stock page to hold my sticky notes.  I am really loving sticky notes.  The paper I am holding is my page marker.
My blog planner that I came up with.  I am dividing each page into two, for Wednesdays and Saturdays.  It seems to be working for me pretty good!
This morning I dug out my old Franklin Covey planner purse-bag.  I have had this for about 15 years.  I haven't used it in about 12!  I am planning (PUN INTENDED) on using it to carry my planner and supplies.  It is too big to put in my purse, so nowI carry this and my purse to work.  But, it is like a little briefcase!!   I did make a sort of "satellite" book to put in my purse to catch things I need to write down and then put in my planner later.
I have a holder that I have scissors, a mini stapler, erasers, mechanical pencil leads, and a pushup crayon-pencil!
On the inside pocket I put an assortment of pens and highlighters.  You never know when you will need it.

I hope you liked the  latest version of my lovely little organizer.  If you have any questions, please let me know!!!

Stay Crafty, My Friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the organizer!!
    One question - what is an ARC punch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, thanks for your comment! We really appreciate it! The ARC system is sold by Staples. It is a disk binding system for notebooks, and a line of organizer/planners. It is Staples version of the Circa/Rollabind/Levinger disk bound systems. Here is a link if you are interested. http://www.staples.com/arc/directory_arc?
    I love how interchangeable the pages are, and how you can incorporate different size pages into your book. The punch is expensive, but it is perfect to punch your own pages for your own projects. I hope that helps answer your questions!!!

    ReplyDelete