WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Project Notebook

After trying several methods of keeping my project ideas and notes, I have finally, I think, stumbled onto the one that will work.

You all know I love the ARC notebook by Staples, that I am currently using for my planner.  Well, I had a coupon, 40% off no less, and I marched right on over to the store and picked up a full size notebook.

 Sorry the picture is soooooo bright!  Well, the notebooks come with very small rings, so I changed them out to the largest rings.  I love the pink color on this one!  I also like that the covers are sturdy, and will protect my pages very well.
 I bought a pack of grid paper, so that I can sketch out my designs.  I also added several sheets of plain printer paper to the mix.
 This is what I had before, a moleskin that was a mess.  It's very hard to add things to this book.  Although I do love me some moleskin notebooks, this was not a very practical solution.
 There are things clipped to the back of the notebook, again, not a very good system.
 I have a lot of notes.
Since I use the ARC system for my personal planner, the papers are interchangeable.  I can start the idea in my planner, and transfer it into my notebook without a problem.
I just thought you would love this.  This is a gallon size jar, that I have my discs stored in.  I always seem to discover and fall in love with a product, only to have it disappear from the store shelf on me.  So, every time I go to Staples, I buy discs.  I will not run out, for a little while anyway!

So, what do you think?  How do you keep track of your ideas and sketches?  I would love to hear your feedback!

Stay Crafty, (and organized) my Friends!

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for sharing about this!! it is exactly what I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small disc notebook that I purchased last year from Staples. I tried using it for my planner, but couldn't transition over to it from my Franklin. I am relooking at it again this year. I just want something different. Now I am trying to decide if I want the larger one or keep what I have. I want to be able to do more than just use it as a planner, but still haven't got it in my mind how I want to use it. LOVE that you are buying all those discs. That is always what happens to me so I may have to get a jar too! :)

    ReplyDelete