WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Vampire Journal

I was surfing around on YouTube when I came across this video by The Paper Addiction.  She had a link from where she got the printouts for the project from How to Haunt Your House.  They are journals, as someone might have written while on the great Vampire hunt. One has pictures of Vampires being hunted and records of when they were "killed". When I saw it I just HAD TO MAKE IT!  It is a very cool prop for your Halloween decorations.  Here is my version of it.

 The covers are by 7 Gypsies, with some faux leather and suede paper that I got from JoAnn's for the binding.
 The site provides all of these printouts.  All you have to do is cut them out and paste them together.  I distressed the pages with Tim Holtz distress ink and also crumpled the pages to make them look worn and used.
They also had some maps that were part of this download.  I printed them on parchment paper to give the backs some more authenticity.  Then I distressed, rumpled and folded them.  One each lives within the pages of each book.
And this is how I displayed them on my table with the box "book" that I got from JoAnn's this year.  These will live in this book for storage.  Or maybe I'll just keep them out all year.  I just don't know!

Stay Scary, my friends!

1 comment: