WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Crafty Decorating

I have been fascinated with some beautiful vintage items that I have, and have been wondering what to do with them.  I found ideas on Pinterest…Don't you just love that site???  I thought I would show you what I did with these wonderful treasures from our past.
 Jackie had given me some wonderful vintage handkerchiefs that belonged to her grandmother.  On Pinterest I saw that some folks are decorating with them, and I loved this idea.  So I put them over the curtain rod in my craft room.
 I think it looks very cool over my Cricut and Silhouette station.
 My husband had this stash of beautiful vintage potholders that his Grandmother made.  They are beautiful, but also very fragile.  There is no way on Earth that I would ever try to use them, but I saw on Pinterest that there are many ways to display them.  
 I found this awesome basket at the local store, on CLEARANCE!!  I bought two little ones like the one you see here, and two larger ones.  You never know when you are going to need a basket, right?  But, then it hit me, this is the perfect way to display his collection of her potholders!  It sits in my kitchen windowsill …I love them!
 My poor hope chest has been sitting on our upstairs hallway, just being all naked.  So, on Pinterest (Did I tell you I love that site???) I saw that folks are using a variety of crocheted doilies to make runners.  YES!!!  I have some doilies (the two on the ends) that Jackie gave me (they belonged to her Grandmother), and some that I had in my stash, and a few that I whipped up to fill it out.  Taa Daa!!!  I have a runner for my hope chest!
 Above the runner is the mini wall quilt that my mom made for us when we got married.  I put a small vintage looking suitcase that I have had for years, a book (Grimm's Fairy Tales) and a brass candle holder.  I think it needs a few more "things" to make it cooler looking, but it's a start.
I think it is GORGEOUS!!!  I tied the doilies together, so that if I ever want to separate them, it wouldn't be hard to do.  And, yes, those are battery operated candles.  I probably will never light them (unless we are having company or something) and I do NOT want to chance wax all over my vintage goodies!

There it is.  My vintage decorating in my "modern" house.  I hope you like this post, and I hope you try some of these ideas.  I really want to go to some antique shops now…I am getting more ideas.

Stay crafty, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you have joined the doilies to make a runner - what a FABulous idea! Your crafting space is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helen! I love how it came out. I have always loved doilies, and have made many of my own. They are in all sorts of various areas of my home. This was the perfect fix for my poor lonely hope chest. I really love how it turned out, and I just love Pinterest for all of the ideas!
    Stay crafty,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete