WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Vintage Potholders

 Hi, everyone!  You saw in my last post about my crafty decorating that I had used some vintage potholders in my kitchen as decoration.  Well, since I love to crochet I decided to make some of my own, that I could maybe use. Also, maybe, just maybe, my grandkids will display the ones I had in their kitchens some day.  After I bought all of this thread that will go awesome in my kitchen,  I went searching on Pinterest and found several free patterns.  Have I told you how much I love Pinterest?
 I found this pattern from Little Miss Stitcher.  It is an awesome pattern, but I worried that the open holes in it wouldn't allow me to be able to use it at all.  So, I did some alterations to it for myself.
 I decided to make the dress solid crochet, and I made it in two layers, like a "slip" for the dress.  I did the first row on the front loop, and the "slip" first row on the back loop.  Then I just crocheted both the same way, creating two layers of the "dress", which resulted in four layers of fabric made.  That should insulate it a little better.
Here is the finished dress, I mean potholder.  I used my nifty little cord maker gadget and created a tie for the dress, and here it is.  I love it!  I have a bunch of other vintage patterns that I am going to create with all of that thread I bought.  Even if I don't use them, it will be fun to make them.

Stay crafty, my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment