WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Pie Plate Lazy Susan

Hey all!!!  How is everyone today?  I hope that your July is off to a wonderful start and that your summer is going most awesome!

I want to share with you another Lazy Susan project.  I made one before, and you can see
the post here. 

I got the original idea from Alejandra, and you can see her tutorial here.

I took it another step and used a pie plate and a pie cutter for the organizer!
Isn't it pretty??  I used an old doily that I had in my closet.  I found this awesome pie cutter at a vintage store in my town.  Foxtrot Vintage is an awesome store.  Here is their Facebook Page in case you want to check it out.  I didn't see a blog or a website for their store, this is as close as I could get. It's a fantastic store.  I have purchased many cool little items for our home here.

Anyway...I spied the pie cutter and had to have it.  This is how I put together the organizer.

 I got two pie plates from the store.  They were on sale, and two of them cost me just a few dollars.
 I blocked the doily to make it all pretty...
 ...I filled one pie plate with marbles.  (I added more after the picture was taken, you should fill the bottom of the plate you are using.  It makes it turn nicer.)
I layered the other pie plate on top, then the doily, then the cutter.
Now I have a cute Lazy Susan with divided areas for my craft goodies.  You can see the other one I made out of cake plates in the upper left hand corner of the picture.  I love them!

Well, that's all for today.  Stay crafty and organized, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment