WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Folio in a Folio Album

Hi Everyone!  I have a new project for you today!  I have seen a lot of folio projects, but I haven't seen one like this...If you know of something similar, please let me know.  

Grab a cup of tea, sit back and enjoy.  This is a LONG POST!  There is no real tutorial, but I'll describe stuff I did in this album.  I sure hope you like it.  At the end of the post I'll have a list of all of the products I used.  It is made mostly of Tim Holtz products, but there is a few other things. 

I made this because I had an idea and wanted to see if it would work, then I decided to see how many of the products in my stash I could use.  I did NOT buy a single thing to make this.  I don't know if that is a good thing or not!  HAHA!

 I had a large folio and took the elastics off, then covered with papers.  This is the front.
 This is the back.  I replaced the elastic with two loops of elastic.  Once I filled this bad boy up it held the cover better.
 Here's where the folio in the folio happened.  I had a smaller one, adhered it on the inside cover of the bigger one, and taa daa!
 Here is the cover of that folio.  Cute little baby!  I adhered magnets under the flap to keep it closed.
 Opening the small folio...
 ...inside the folio.  I filled it with a bunch of things.
 I filled it with all sorts of cards and tags and ephemera.  I even decorated a clipboard to put inside.
 Here is the other side of the folio.  It is basically like the other folios, except I made full sized pages.
 I created a magnetic band closure for the first page, because I used the page mechanism from the small folio to create a cascade of pages, and I needed a way to contain it!
 I just used kraft card stock to create pages and photo mats.  All of the embellishments are adhered so that pictures can tuck underneath.
 Please, enjoy the pictures... (and please excuse the pink sticky note that is peeking through.  I wrote notes on it and forgot to remove it before I took the pictures!)
 Some photo mats are adhered to create pockets for tags and other goodies.

 I LOVED USING THE PHOTOS OF FOUND RELATIVES!


 As you can see, I combined a ton of Tim Holtz Goodies.  This is the last page of the waterfall page. (And I removed the sticky note!!!)
 Some pages have long pockets on the sides where I tucked all sorts of goodies.
 Some pages have smaller pockets on the bottom.
 All of the pockets are filled with awesome goodies and places to write journaling and add pictures.  I can already see my family in the vintage style frames.
 Here is another fun page.  On the left I created a booklet with envelopes, and on the right I created a triple page flip.
 I adhered the envelopes with the flaps, made a finger pull spot, and filled the pockets with the goodies below.

 The triple page flip.  As a side note, I used the page mechanism that came with the large folio as the binding of the pages.  I just adhered the mechanism to the back of the folio, then added kraft pages as I felt like it and decorated.  For the triple flip, I just cut that particular piece of the mechanism into three pieces and layered the kraft mini pages to them.  Super easy!

 More pockets under the photo mats.
 This is the back side of the page flip, and the back of the folio.  With the mechanism I not only adhered the pages, but also used the widest part to create the pocket.
 Here are the goodies inside the last pocket.
 All folded up...
This was SO MUCH FUN TO MAKE!!!  I just had an idea and started to create.  It did take a while, but the results are amazing.  I hope you try this project also!  If you do, let me know what your imagination comes up with!

Here is a list of all of the products I used:

By Tim Holtz:

1 large and 1 small folio
Elastic loops
Paper lines Memoranda, Wallflower and Correspondence
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Journaling Tickets
Pocket Cards
Glassine Pockets
Cabinet Card Frames
Mini Cabinet Card Frames
Photo Booth Cards
Mini Paper Clips
Index Clips
Found Relatives Cards
Paper String
Flash Cards
Gem Clips
Film Strip Ribbon
File Tabs
Botanical Layers
Collector Layers
Game Spinner Pieces
Ephemera Pack Thrift Shop
Watch Cameo

Other Stuff:

Jellybean Kraft Tags
Jenni Bowlin Printed Tags
Paper Accents Kraft Postcards
Large Brown Tags (Given to me by my Sassy Sister Elsa!  Thank you!)
Bazille Kraft Cardstock
Basic Grey Magnetic Disks
Score Tape
Scotch Liquid Glue

PHEW!!!!!

Have a wonderfully crafty day!!
Michelle💖


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful folio! And the best part was that it was made with supplies from your stash!

    ReplyDelete