WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

What to do with your Explosion Box Scoreboard!

 The video is up and running and you will LOVE THIS SCORE BOARD!!!  You can do so many things with it and I have come up with more ideas...so more tutorials to come!!!



This scoreboard is amazing and is available at Country Craft Creations.  Check it out!

Below is a quick Cheat Sheet for you to use to start creating with your board.  I have the measurements that came with the board, and my own measurements that I figured out for the board.

These measurements are on the instruction page that comes with the board.  They are for making the EXPLOSION BOX PAGES and for making actual BOXES.


Box Size

Paper Size in Inches

Finished Box Size in Inches

XXS

6x6

2

XS

7x7

2.33

S

8x8

2.66

M

9x9

3

L

10x10

3.33

XL

11x11

3.66

XXL

12x12

4


These are the measurements for the LIDS that correspond to the boxes.


Lid Size

Paper Size in Inches

Finished Lid Size in Inches

XXS

4 1/2 x 4 1/2

2.25

XS

4 7/8 x 4 7/8

2.58

S

5 1/4 x 5 1/4

2.91

M

5 1/2 x 5 1/2

3.25

L

5 7/8 X 5 7/8

3.58

XL

6 1/4 X 6 1/4

3.91

XXL

6 1/2 x 6 1/2

4.25


If you want to make an explosion box and use all 7 sizes of boxes and lids, you will need 9 sheets of 12x12 cardstock to cut out all of the pieces needed.


If you want to create a DIAGONAL PAGE inside the XXL outer box, you will be able to create a box with only one other page, and you will use the Small Box size (without the lid) or the XS Box size (with the lid).



Here are the measurements for the papers needed to make the SQUASH CARDS using the scoreboard.


Squash Card Size

Paper Size in Inches

Finished Card Size

XXS

4x4

2

XS

4 5/8 x 4 5/8

2.33

S

5 1/4 x 5 1/4

2.66

M

6x6

3

L

6 5/8 x 6 5/8

3.33

XL

7 1/4 x 7 1/4

3.66

XXL

8x8

4


The measurements to make a GATEFOLD CARD are below.  You will need to decide the length of your card.  These measurements are for the total width of the card and the scoring of the sides.


Score Line

Length of Cardstock Needed in Inches

Total Width of Card, Gatefolds Folded, in Inches

Lid

4 1/2

2 1/4

XXS

8

4

XS

9 1/4

4 5/8

S

10 1/2

5 1/4

M

12

6



BOX ALBUM:

For my example of the album I made, inspired by Tamra, you will need the following:


Cardstock, 2 at 6 x 12, score on the board at the XXL mark on each end

Cardstock, 2 at 6 1/2 x 6 1/2, to create two XXL lids


Any other patterned paper, embellishments, inserts you want to make.  In the video I show you how I put them together.


GIFT CARD INSERT:

In the video I made a medium box with an XS lid. This will have a little bit more of a gap for your gift card.  If you want a tighter fit for your gift card, make a medium box with a small lid for the insert. 


You will I go over how to cut it in the video.     




FOR MY GIFT BOXES OF DIFFERENT SIZES:


Finished Box Dimensions

Cardstock Size Needed in Inches

Score on:

Lid Paper size,  score on the LID score line

8 x 8 x 2 

12 x 12

XXS

10 3/8 x 10 3/8

6 x 6 x 3

12 x 12

M

8 3/8 x 8 3/8


I have tried to make sure that this is as accurate as possible.  If you have any questions please let me know.  As I come up with other things to do with this scoreboard, I will let you know and create more additions to these cheat sheets.  


Have fun creating,

Michelle



3 comments:

  1. I am hoping that you can help me by giving the lids sizes for each box if I want to make the boxes separately and have a close fitting lid. That would be a great help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry it took so long to get back to you. There was an update and it messed up my settings and I finally figured it out! To make a tighter lid, what I do is to reduce the lid measurement by 1/8". So, for the 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 lid, make it 6 3/8 x 6 3/8 instead. It will accommodate the patterned paper you put on and will be tighter on the box. It works well for me. Thanks for coming by. I appreciate it!

      Delete