WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Spring Vacation!!!

I made this mini album to document our Spring Vacation this year.  Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson came for a visit.  I made a paper bag gate fold book that was inspired by Laura at The Paper Trail.  This link will take you to the You Tube site where she has tons of stuff. I cut the compass with my cricut.  The ticket is Tim Holtz, the metal piece is Making Memories, and the butterfly is a punch.  The papers are from American Traditional Designs.  I decided that the ribbon closure would have to be the closure of choice, since I did it as an afterthought.  If you planned it you could do tons of other methods of closure.
I used 6 bags all together.  It turned out so cute.  There are pockets everywhere!
Here is an open view.  I used some leftover stickers from a Basic Grey pack of papers I had.  I had all kinds of pull outs.  The bags were also filled with some souvenirs from our adventures.  BTW, in the photos you can see...my wonderful husband, DJ, myself, and our adorable grandson, Cooper!
Another open view.  I had some packing tags I used, I made my own "Polaroid" pullout, and cut mini file folders with my set of Coluzzle.  (Remember those!  I still use them!)  I used stamps from 7 Gypsies and Autumn Leaves to create the stamping on the file folders.  In the pictures, Cooper, and his daddy, my son-in-law, Jeremy.
An example of tags that pull out of the pockets and a postcard I bought...that is the Spruce Goose, which is now at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, Oregon!  On the lower tag, my daughter, Beth, with Cooper, and my mom, Jo Ann.  I also used 7 Gypsies 97% Complete Tags for some of the pictures.
This is the last page, which has a pocket.  The Calendar comes out like a tag.

I hope you enjoy this project...stop over and see Laura to see the construction of this wonderful album design.  Stay Crafty!!!

1 comment: