WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Faux Washi Tape

I have seen this stuff all over the internet, in craft stores, and I even own a few rolls.  I didn't know what to really do with it until I saw Smash books, and started using them.

I have seen some tutorials on how to make your own.  I loved this tutorial, here, so I basically did the same thing.  I decided to make some to match my journal.   This is my  take on  how to do it.  SUPER EASY!
 This is my junque journal I started working in.  I used the scraps of papers left over from the pages I put into this book.

 I love score-tape.  It is super strong, and you can rip it.  You don't need to cut it at all, and that makes for a cool effect when you use this stuff.  I just put lines of it on the backs of the paper and cut them out.
 Presto, faux Washi tape.
I used it on this magazine clipping to add it to my book.  COOL!  I didn't use it on the photo on the right, but wanted to add it in, because I like this quote by Mother Teresa.

The other cool tutorials are everywhere, including here for a printable one that is genious.

Stay Crafty, My Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen it all over too! But yours is by far the best I've seen done -- it looks awesome!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen it all over too! But yours is by far the best I've seen done -- it looks awesome!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete