WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Food Tutorial!

First, before I do anything...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

OK, this is completely different, but here it goes...This is not a Trick, it is a Treat!

My husband and I are on a low carb diet, so that means no bread.  Which, when making casseroles, means no bread crumbs to grace the top...until now.


I love these Mission Carb Balance Tortillas. They are only 6 net carbs per tortilla, and are delicious.  We use them for wraps, enchiladas, anything you can do with a tortilla.  I have made tortilla chips and shells for taco salads also.

I decided to try an experiment.  It worked beautifully!

I took one tortilla, cut it up, and dried it.  I just left it to sit out overnight, but you could do it in the oven also.


I broke up the pieces, and ground them in my food processor.


One tortilla made about 1/2 c of crumbs. Regular bread crumbs are about 20 carbs per 1/3 c, these are 6 carbs per 1/2 cup.  It doesn't sound like much, but those nasty little carbs add up.


I added the crumbs to some butter, and some Italian Seasoning.


I made Baked Sour Cream Chicken and topped them with my crumb mixture.  It was awesome!!!!  The crumbs provided the crunch that we love on a casserole!  (PS:  How do you like my Halloween kitchen in the background?)

Stay hungry, my friends!

And, for the kiddies...Have a SAFE AND FUN HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment