WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Halloween Torches and a Kleenex Box

 I love Pinterest.  I spend way too much time there.  It is absolutely amazing what you find, and what ideas it sparks.  I saw a couple of things, and got some ideas...this is what my twisted brain came up with for Halloween!!!  You all know it is my favorite holiday, right?!

Anyway, I got the foam skulls at Michael's, along with the wooden candlesticks.  I painted the candlesticks black.  While they were drying I got a battery operated tea light, marked where I wanted them to go, and carved holes for them in the skull.  Then I got some red acrylic paint and drizzled and dripped it all over the skulls.  When the whole mess was dry, I hot glued the sticks into the base of the foam skulls.
TAA DAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love them!!  I think on Halloween night, these little greeters are going to be on my porch!  BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Then I made this, sparked also by an idea I saw on Pinterest.

 I made this coffin out of foam core, painted and distressed, added embellishments...and you are wondering just what it is...I mean, does it have a function or is it just a pretty...
I needed a Kleenex box for my haunted bathroom!!!!  I family sized box fits neatly inside!  I used embellies from Momenta, Petaloo, Kaiser Kraft and Jolee's.  When I showed these to my husband, he just shook his head.  HAHA!  I can't wait for October 1st, the start of Halloween Season!

Here is a list of the links that spawned my creative play:

http://www.divinedinnerparty.com/halloween-yard-decoration.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phildesignart/5518444238/in/photostream
http://blog.capscreations.com/2010/10/skull-candlest

Stay Scary My Friends!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute!..erm..I mean scary..yes, scary! I am inspired to buy some candle sticks for my skulls now.

    ReplyDelete