WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the 2013 Father's Day Blog Hop!!!  All of us in the Pride have been feverishly scratching and clawing in our dens, coming up with  the perfect card projects for the special Dad's in our lives!  We are so excited you are here, and we hope you love the creations that we have to share with you!

You should have prowled on over to me from RJ's Den.  The beginning of this hop is with our
Den Momma, Elsa!  I have the full list of all of the Pride members in this hop at the bottom of this post.  Now...let's get started!

Our mission was to create the purrrrrfect Father's Day card.  This is what I came up with for my awesome, wonderful, caring, loving Husband.
 I used the DCWV line called "The District Stack".  I loved this line, because it looked so regal.  I had this stamp in my stash.  I put three keys on the card  because we have three children.   The candy dots are by My Mind's Eye.  I used a variety of punches as well.
Here is the inside of the card.

Then, you know me, I just couldn't stop.  I made him an album as well.

 I wanted to match the album to the card.  I modeled it after a brochure fold called a "Stepped Double Parallel" fold. I will do a tutorial on how I made it in a few weeks.
 It closes with a simple ribbon closure that I threaded through the "spine" of the book.
 I didn't put the pictures for this post, because I didn't have permission from our kids...but the pictures are all of my husband with our kids at various times through the last several years.  I also did sentiments that I will put on the pages after I put the pictures in.  This picture above is the first opening...
 Then it folds out like this.
 Here is the other side.
The "spine".  He can put it on the shelf and look at it whenever he wants, or he can open it and display it.  I think he will love it!

I would usually direct you to a link on my YouTube channel for a video to show this project off.  I actually did make a video.  But, being the brilliant person I am, I deleted it off of my phone thinking I had already uploaded it to the computer.  NOT SO! Sorry about that.  Note to self for next time, MAKE SURE IT'S ON THE COMPUTER FIRST!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out this project.  Happy Father's Day to all of the guys out there!!  Now, please pounce on over to Sherain's Den and see what wonderful project she came up with!





6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE YOUR PROJECTS! so wished you had a video on the album. wow! It looks amazing! so hate that you deleted it...i know i would have cried! lol TFS!!!
    hugs and roarrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Your Project's are awesome.. Love what you did.. You will have to share with us how you make your mini album for your husband.. Great Job


    Roaring with Pride

    Rj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, your card and mini album are stunning. You are so talented. Would love to see a tutorial on the construction of the mini album. Blessings, Sherain

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Cute Father's Day project. Love that stamp you used. TFS... Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you made a matching card for the album :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool. We both used the same stamp. Great project.
    Big Roaarrrrrs!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete