WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Echo Park's "Oh Snap" Part 2: A Polaroid Mini Album


 Remember these?  This is an OLD OLD OLD Polaroid camera I have had for well over 20 years, maybe even 25.  I can't buy film for it, I don't know if they even make it anymore.  I have upgraded to the new Instax cameras, and I love it.  But I loved this one too.

 Big, clunky, and well used.  I decided to make one from paper!!  I have seen these done, but haven't seen tutorials.  So, I sat down with a ruler and pencil and graph paper, and came up with my own pattern based off of my own camera.  Here is what I came up with.
I LOVE IT!!!  I can't believe how cool it turned out to be.  I raided my stash for jewels and such to act as the buttons.  The body of the camera is one piece, that I folded and put together. 
The flash and eye viewer are separate boxes added on.  Don't you love the "picture" coming out of the camera?
 I wanted to make it a mini album also, but how to do it?  Well, I made a drawer.
 If you pull the picture, the drawer opens and a mini album is inside.
 I used leftover pieces from the collection that I had from the Part 1 cereal box project.  Since these are small, I used pieces of the actual packaging for most of the smaller embellishments.
 I also used the small shots of the papers on the packaging to create these "polaroid" pages.

 This turned out so cute!!

 Simple, and plenty of space for journaling on each page.


Now, I need to show you part three!!!  I can't believe how much I created with this mini paper pack!!

Stay crafty, my friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your pictures of the Polaroid camera you made, it is wonderful! The cameras/mini albums would make great gifts for my family this Christmas. I have camera stamps, scrapbook papers, charms, chipboards, etc. to decorate the books, but I need all the help I can get to make a 3D object. Do you have a template or pattern to share or maybe a tutorial to purchase? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete