WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

"Click" Album

Today I am going to start a series on my latest mini album.  I am calling it "Click".  I created a page configuration that I will do a tutorial on.  I also used Kathy Orta's new "Hidden Hinge Plus" binding system, which you can learn how to do with her video by following this link.  It is a great binding that allows your thick, tag filled and embellished pages to lay more flat.

I used a paper collection called "Memories Captured" by Fancy Pants.  Unfortunately, since I made an 8 page book with lots of pockets, I didn't have enough paper, so I also added papers from a couple other collections.  I'll have a full list of the products used later on.

The other cool thing is that this is a recycling or repurposing project.  Let me show you.
I get these boxes from work, and I have used them for several projects.  I had a white one that I cut up and decided to create a book from it.  It seems logical, it already has the covers and spines built right in.  
First I covered the front and back, on the outside, because I wanted to create a closure for the piece using brads.

 I attached a piece of covered card stock to the back cover using brads I had in my stash.  I thought they would fit the project nicely.
 Then, after the brads are set, I can cover the insides with patterned papers.
 Then I used the Basic Grey large magnets and added them to the closure and to the front cover (after covering it in the basic black card stock.
 I always reinforce my magnet adhesive with Score tape.  It sure helps when placing them where you want them.
 Then I finished covering the covers and spine.
The paper collection had this great corrugated paper, so I decided to use it for the spine of the book.  It worked great!

In the next post, I'll show you how it looks with the inside envelopes and binding in place.

Until then, stay crafty, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Michelle, what a neat idea to repurpose those boxes....I sooooo want to make this!! Thank you for sharing. You are inspirational. Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete