WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A new paper bag mini album!

Can you ever get tired of making these paper bag books?  I can't, especially when you find yet another way to use them to create another new set of pockets!  I love how versatile these little bags are, and how a few simple cuts can bring out a whole new way to have a mini album.
 I used a new line of papers I found by GCD called Antiquities.  IT IS GORGEOUS!  I love the color tones in it and the almost Steampunk style in it.  I made the flowers on the front with my Spellbinders flower die.  I used leaves by 7 Gypsies, and the bling is Recollections.  I also have a couple of Tim Holtz light bulbs in the flowers, along with rhinestone centers in the flowers.
 I made this stand for it.  I was thinking about putting the book in a box, but then I couldn't have dimensional flowers on the front.  So, I make this.  It is super simple, I just took a heavy piece of chipboard and covered it. Then I hot-glued it to the Tim Holtz box corners.  It holds the book ever so nicely, and the corners also create a kind of closure for the book as well.  The spine of the book has a new Tim Holtz faucet knob.  I added a watch from Jolee's and some buttons by Jenni Bowlin.
 The inside cover and the first page of the mini.  I used 3 paper bags for this book, creating 12 pages in all, with 9 pockets and 18 tags!  I did not use any extra pieces for binding this book.
 Here are two of the tags, using Tim Holtz new File Folder Tabs.  This paper is double sided.   There is plenty of room for pictures and journaling.  The flowers throughout the inside of the book are made from my Sizzix die by Tim Holtz.  Can you tell I love his stuff????
 Behind this pocket is the inner pocket.  I created two tags with cardstock.
 Since I am in a "Polaroid Phase" I made the fronts of these tags like a Polaroid picture...
...the back of these tags are layered with journaling paper.
 When you turn the page, there is an INNER POCKET! (Shown on the left side of the page.)
 These are the tags in this pocket.  I used bakers twine for the ties, and made hole reinforcements with the papers in this collection.
 On the left side is the back of the first set of page made with bag number one.  They repeat three times.
 Here are the rest of the pages.
 I had this tag (on the right page) from a long long long time ago, along with the paper clips.  I think they are K and Company.
 I bought the amber bling at Jo Ann's in the dollar bins.   The mini gears are Tim Holtz.
 The last page and the back inside cover.  I fussy cut the goggles on the right and layered them onto the cover with foam tape for dimension.
Top view here.  I am working on a tutorial to show how I made these pages.  Please stay tuned!

Stay Crafty, My Friends!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful!!!! Every once in a while I get back to paper bag mini's and now I am inspired again to "bag it"!! thanks for sharing and I look forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw these papers, I thought "I've seen these before, in fact they are in my stash". They were part of a class I did last year at a papercraft convention, so I'd love to see the tutorial for the paper bag mini. Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet album! I love the little stand you made for it too - very clever! I can't wait for the tutorial!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete