WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Three Pocket Paper Bag Mini

I really don't know what else to call this one!!!  OK, here goes the tutorial.  If you have any questions, please please please let me know.

This is how I prepared my paper bags for this mini album...

 I used three bags in all for this mini.  Here is the basics of how I did it.
 Have your bag in front of you like this...This is the "back" of the bag.
 ...open it and cut on the pink line, and cut the diagonal fold line until you reach the corner of the "Y".
 It should look like this.  Do the same for the other side.
 You should have the whole "front" side of the paper bag cut out.  When laid flat, it will look  like this above on the right...
 ...and this on the left.
 You should have the gussets flappin' in the wind now.
 Put some adhesive on the edges of the flaps as shown.  The top flap is folded, the bottom one is open.
 Fold the top flap over the bottom, and TAA DAA, you have recreated the paper bag pocket.
 You get a pocket at the far right of this page. (Shown by the paper slipped in here.  It is a small pocket, only the size of the bottom of the bag.  I folded the triangles down and adhered them.
 So...the page goes like this.  This is pocket #1.
These are #2 and #3 pockets.
 You already have a fold in the bag, make a score at 1/4" away from that, creating a gusset.
 You will get this...I adhered scoretape to this gusset and that is how I adhered the bag to the inside spine of the book.  I spaced the other bags 1/4" apart, leaving room for embellishments.
 I know this is hard to see, but next I decided that I wanted the pages to be 8", so I cut the right page 8" from the new scoreline.
I flipped the page over to cut 8" from the bags original score line.

I covered everything with papers, after I distress inked the paper bag.  When I covered the bag on page two, I cut out a space with my spellbinders die to make the opening for the little pocket.  There are a ton of pictures on the post about his book, so you can look at them to see what I mean.   If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I hope this was helpful!

Stay Crafty, My Friends!

2 comments:

  1. A great tutorial. Thank You
    Greetings from Germany
    Margret

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks its a great tutorial and a supper cute mini!!!

    ReplyDelete