WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"Merry Christmas" Treat Envelope Mini Album, with a link to a pocket page tutorial!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  I have a little mini album project, and a  link to my video tutorial for you today!
I was in my local Fred Meyer store shopping and ran across these cool little treat envelopes.  They are supposed to be full of candy or cookies...but I saw them as a mini album.  This is what I created with them.
 I used a line of papers from SEI for this project called "Holiday Traditions.  The chipboard letters "joy" are by Anna Griffin.  The bling I added are from Recollections.  Everything else is SEI.
 I made a video of how I put the pages together, so please check out my link here:
"Merry Christmas" Treat Envelope Mini Album.  The reason that I made the video is that it is a little complicated to explain how I did the pages.  There are two page assemblies, and each one includes 2 envelopes, a cardstock pocket page, and the binding for the book.  There are a total of 4 envelopes and two cardstock pocket pages for this book.
 Here is a quick run through of the pages.   Here are the fronts of the envelopes, I just added a little die cut embellishment.
 Here are the backs of the envelopes.  The tutorial includes how I made the mini pocket on the left (on the envelope) as well.
 Each envelope includes a mat page, two to three mini journaling tags in the mini pocket, and a booklet tag is in the cardstock pocket page.
 I'll go through a quick runthrough of the pages...

 I left it simply decorated on purpose.  I want to add big pictures to the pages.

The technique can be used on any envelope you have.  The best part, no cutting of the envelopes is required at all.  This technique can be used on envelopes that have flaps that open from the top, thus preserving the flap for use as you wish.  Head on over to my tutorial on YouTube and check it out.  If you have any questions, please let me know!

Stay Crafty, and Merry, My Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I have those envelopes and now I have a great idea of how to use them! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this and the video tutorial. It's my first time giving a mini album a try and I wanted it to be special. I've just (almost) constructed it - I made my own envelopes from pearlescent card!! -and it's making me bounce already BEFORE I start decorating it. Roll on tomorrow morning (4 a.m. now - I have to stop :-( So much fun. And you explain it so clearly too. Thank you again. Emer

    ReplyDelete