WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Raiding my stash to DIY!

I have seen these "Memory Files" by Heidi Swapp a bit on the net.  Click on the link and you can see a video of Heidi showing her products at CHA.   They are super similar to the lapbooks that teachers have been making for years, but done with fabulous scrappy goodness!  I have looked and searched and do not see that anyone around my neck of the woods carries the products yet.  BUMMER!  So, this morning, as I was drinking my coffee and idea hit.
 You all know I have just organized my very own Mom Cave.  With all of the organizing, I found a lot of goodies that I had forgotten I had.  So, I gathered them up, and decided to make my own file!!!  I think it turned out very pretty, and I used up some stuff from my stash that has been sitting in my closet for a while...win, win!
 Oh, yeah, I am trying out my new label maker too, what do you think??  I added the butterflies that were given to me by my friend Tracey from MAS.  Thanks, Tracey!!!

I digress... I used The Girl's Paperie papers and embellishments, and some phrase stickers from Creative Imaginations throughout.  I made the cover without too many dimensional embellishments because I am not sure if I am going to put these in a box like Heidi does, or have them just on the shelf, or what.  Decisions, decisions!
 Here it is opened.  I used two of my little minis I showed you in the picture above.  That means I have more files to make!  The possibilities are endless with this.  I made my own "Polaroids" for photo mats.  the one behind the booklet on the left comes out.  

By the way, does anyone have one of those Instax cameras?  I really want one, but would like some feedback...if you have one would you please comment on this post and let me know what you think about it?  Thanks in advance!!
 The sticker on the pull out polaroid folds over and the whole phrase says "lucky you and lucky me".  The mat reverses for another picture.
 This mini folder closes with a ribbon, and opens to reveal two pockets.  The "letters" are from the paper line, I just cut them out to make tags.
 On the right, I have a matchbook style book.  I closed it with the clip.
 There is a huge tag behind that booklet that pulls out.
 Here is the matchbook opened. I made more polaroids using the ledger paper.
 On the cover, I made a little mini book for journaling.
 I added more photo mats.
 And some more...
 And some more.
Well, that's it!  I know that if my LSS starts to carry the line of "Memory File" goodies, I will be buying them...but it is fun to create my own as well, although it took a very long time to do!!!!  I also have to figure out how to store them...I think maybe a trip to the office store is in order.  What do you think of my little DIY???

Stay Crafty, My Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Great project Michelle! Way to go using products you had on hand! BTW, congrats on winning The Pride's blog candy!!! Keep up the great work and happy crafting! Aloha, Linda (from The Pride)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Michelle....Ilove it...the colours are just perfect....WTG!! you have inspired me!! A big congrats to you too on winning our great blog candy....can't wait to see what come up with next......ROOOAAAAARRRRR with pride..{{hugs}} Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so this is brilliant and I think a tutorial is needed on MAS! Or a swap in which we swap your Memory Files! I have so many old pics to somehow scrap and I am wondering if this is the way to go?? I love it and yes, duh, have just been putting two and two together and connected you with MAS. I love your blog and have it on my homepage so I don't miss anything. BTW, my LSS has these and for the price, I am loving your idea and inspiration so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a lot of your creations on MAS and love your work. They are always so Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete