WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Almost finished!

My wonderful, awesome, sweet, incredible husband has finished  building my craft room for me!!!!!
 Here he is, my HERO, putting up my shelves for me.  I got a set above my shelving unit.
I also got these cabinets over my long table.

These shelves over my closet door.  I love them!!!  I am really utilizing all of the space I can for all of my crafty goodies!

I am almost moved in.  Last night, whilst I was organizing my "Tim Holtz/7 Gypsies/Graphic 45/Etc." bin of embellishments and goodies, he came in an took some pictures.  Here they are!
 The drawers to the left of my desk hold my punches and scissors.  On top, I am making it my "book binding" station.  My Bind-it-All will live here.  The baskets on top are holding my O-Wires.  I am also putting my McGill paper punch and my book ring collection.
 My desk is still a work in progress.  In the future I am hoping to have my own computer.
 To the right of my desk. my drawers that hold all of my stamping and inks for stamping.  On top, my Cuttlebug Station.  The baskets are holding all of my embossing folders and my cutting  plates.  My Sizzix collection is living on the shelves.
 I got some pegboards and my Spellbinders dies are living here.  My shelves are, at least at this point, holding my books that I have made.  I finished putting some up after these pictures were takes...I NEED MORE SHELVES!!!  LOL!!!
 He took a picture of my collection (in the suitcase) of book rings and binder mechanisms.  I put this suitcase in my book binding station.  (Tee Hee, I am sooooooo loving this!)
Under my cabinet, is my "long table" where my Cricut (behind the bins/boxes) lives.  I put my papers underneath, but then decided that the space was perfect for my other machines.  I have my DreamKuts, my Your Story, and my two large Xyron machines.  They are perfectly visible and useable now!  The left drawer stores my cartridges for my Xyrons, and the right, all of my Cricut cutting mats and goodies.

I have learned some things.  I am a hoarder of craft supplies.  I am weeding out things, and deciding what stays, what goes, what gets donated.  I am trying to be realistic about what to keep, knowing what I really love to do, and what to toss, because I really will not ever do it or I will really not ever do it again. I have to purge and start with a fresh slate, and I have to be vigilant.  I have got to quit buying and acquiring just because I like something. Everything has to have a purpose...really, I can't believe how much stuff I had!  I am an amazing packer...you should have seen all of the variety of locations in my old space I had things stashed in...incredible!

Ok, today, Saturday and Sunday are the final organizing days.  I should be moved out of the old space and totally into the new space.  I am hoping to be showing you my new projects very soon!  Thanks for putting up with my giddiness, I am just too excited about having my own space!  I can't wait, because now I HAVE ROOM TO HAVE MY BFF, JACKIE, COME OVER TO SCRAP WITH ME!!!

Stay Crafty, My Friends!!!

3 comments:

  1. wow, now you are nearly ready to make a mess:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...fabulous, fabulous and fabulous. How nice to have all that storage. Good job hubby and to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely wonderful, all ready for you to "play" in. I think I'm tinged with a little "green with envy" LOL. Enjoy your new space! Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete