WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A New File Folder Album

 I was sitting on the couch one night, listening to my husband's band practice in the garage and watching Gordon Ramsay do one of his shows and I decided to grab a bunch of file folders and make an album.  This one is not, and I mean not, a mini album.  It is a full sized file folder album.  I grabbed my paper cutter and went to town on this one.  I think I used 6 file folders in all.  I stamped the folders with a Tim Holtz flourish stamp with black Stazon, then I inked it with some of his distressing ink.  I inked all of the papers, stickers, diecuts and lace.
 I used papers from Glitz that I found at Craft Warehouse, and got online from Scrapace.  The lines are "Love Games", "Afternoon Muse", and "Laced with Grace."  I also used Prima flowers and bling, some lace that I had, and some ribbons from the "Lost and Found" paper line.
 This is the first part opened.  There is a tag under the paper on the left.  I used lots of flowers, bling, and journaling labels.
 The left side opens to reveal this punched paper that I put large 5x7" tags behind.  Then, shown here is a flap (with the children on it)...
 This is the flap lifted to show a pocket.  I put large tags in this pocket.
 This is the other side of the album opened, the two half flaps.  There is another full sized page.
 This page opens to two small flaps.  The upper one under "Holding Hands" has a round tag that comes out.
 Those two flaps opened.
 The first set of tags...front....
 and back.
 Here is one of the tags.
 The tags under the punched paper, front...
 ...and back.
 Front of the tags in the other pocket...
And the back.

Have a great day, and STAY CRAFTY!

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Super roomy and your paper choices are gorgeous.

    Kudos, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Do you have instructions?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say thank you for your comment on my blog. I just saw it today. It was on the Fastenation Folders by Tattered Angels. I'm the same with Glimmer Mist. I just did a posting and I have added some photos to my Garden Mini using the Fastenation Folder.

    Just looking at your File folder album. Love it! I will do some reading on you blog, you have neat posting of your projects.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome album! I love how everything coordinates even though it comes from different lines. I would like to find out how you assembled the file folders. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your file folder album is great. I love the size and how you decorated it. I like to use large photos in my albums and still have room for decorating and embellishments. This is wonderful. TFS. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great album! I have a ton of file folder that I don't use so I am going to have to try this! I never would have thought to do this so thank you so much for sharing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so want this one! It is amazing and I can't figure it out.

    WOW-WEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok its on! lol I have to figure out how you did this...lol I love it...I have tons of folder im gonna put to use. I bet it wont look half as good as your but ima gonna try!
    luvs and kissens
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this and would really love to know how you assembled those file folders, whether you hinged the folders together, or glued them back to back with one another the way some of the ladies make their paperbag albums. Do tell! :)

    ReplyDelete